Houston, USA, June 24, 2016
I would like to thank the dues-paying Societies for Photobiology for your continued membership in the International Union of Biology (IUPB). We have just completed modernizing the Website at http://www.iuphotobiology.org and improved the site as an information resource for our field. Members of most national photobiology societies attend the International Congress for Photobiology that IUPB organizes. The congress is the largest gathering of photobiologists, features world-class speakers, and provides comprehensive coverage of our multifaceted and rapidly growing field. I would like to invite and encourage more Societies to formally join us to participate more fully in the International Congress and in other IUPB activities. The annual dues are minimal, ranging from 150 to 750 Euro depending on the size of the member Society, and there are several advantages of joining as a dues-paying member:
- Each member society will have the possibility to send a delegate to attend the extended Board meeting at the International Congress and to attend the General Assembly.
- Nomination of candidates for the Finsen medals, Finsen lecturers, and Edna Roe lecturers, will be considered only from member societies. Other prizes (e.g. ICP student travel awards, poster prizes, etc) also will be open only to individuals from member societies.
- Membership on the IUPB Executive Board in the future will be limited to those who represent a member society.
- The financial report of IUPB will be provided annually to the designated representatives at the time of solicitation of annual dues from member societies.
- Member societies will be listed and identified with their logo of choice on the IUPB Website giving them international exposure.
- Member society Executive Committees may submit news and announcements for consideration for posting on the IUPB Website, thereby reaching a larger audience.
- A Job Board, where new positions are posted, will be maintained at the IUPB Website, and will be open for posting only by individuals from member societies, and we are open to suggestions on other Website features that members find useful.
- The IUPB EC will communicate regularly with the dues-paying member societies to inform on IUPB activities.
For any questions, I would be happy to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com. For questions or comments regarding the new Website please contact IUPB Secretary General firstname.lastname@example.org">Evelyne Sage. For queries regarding dues, please contact IUPB Treasurer email@example.com">Franz Trautinger.
John L. Spudich, PhD